WHO WE ARE
THE MAX Challenge is a 10-week body and mind renewal system. This system is designed to make fast and lasting changes to your appearance and overall well-being. We do this by combining nutrition counseling, fitness classes and motivation. Being part of ‘THE MAX’ is like having a personal trainer, nutritional counselor and success coach.
THE MAX Challenge for the mind, body and spirit inspires everyone NOT to settle for mediocrity and to push themselves to reach personal health, fitness and wellness goals that they have previously considered out of reach. Many of our members report an increase in energy, confidence and well-being.
The Manager in this position will be responsible for running the day to day activities at the Center, including, but not limited to, directing the activities of all staff members at that location, providing training, support and feedback for staff members, and ensuring our members continuously get the highest level of engagement from you and the entire staff.
Responsibilities will also include instructing approximately two classes per day and leading community marketing activities.
The manager is expected to be at all kickoff events and to master phone sales.
The manager will work closely with the owner to ensure profitability of the center and focus on all key performance metrics as directed by the owner.
There will be occasions where the manager will be expected to forward the office phone to his / her cell phone during times that the facility is closed. That is including but not limited to peak weekend periods before or just after any key promotional drive periods such as kickoff events.
THE PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, energetic, outgoing, fitness-minded, goal-oriented, people-person, who can lead a team and run our facility.
The ideal person will be comfortable teaching fitness classes as an instructor, be comfortable enough to conduct sales calls, lead community marketing efforts, lead a team of instructors, and be the face and name to our members while managing the facility.
- Work closely with the owner on all cost based decisions.
- Ensure the members' experience is first priority for you and the entire staff. Be willing to provide support to the members and contact them outside of your normal work schedule whenever necessary.
- Work closely with the owner on all staffing decisions.
- Execute 10 week Challenge calendar of events, including kickoffs, pictures, trial classes, legacy conversion, and other events.
- Uphold the MAX culture within the facility; specifically, develop and maintain a strong personal connection with all of our members, and maintain a high energy, "high touch" environment motivating all staff and members.
- Overall accountability for all staff members' roles and performance, including periodic written instructor evaluations.
- Lead the community marketing efforts.
- Master phone sales – be able to handle cold calls and prospects.
- Keep all visual content up to date (white boards, TV's, Announcements, etc.)
- Lead social media communication as directed.
- Provide training and on-boarding (directly or indirectly) for front desk staff and instructors.
- Work with the owner to identify the pipeline of talent for the location.
- Play a leadership role in kickoff events; this includes creating and presenting content, and directing the activities of support staff.
- Offer recommendations to improve operating efficiency and cost management.
- • Monitor and manage key metrics; generate key reports at the appropriate frequency and share with the staff as appropriate.
- Manage legacy conversion efforts in a proactive manner.
- Engage the staff on a (minimum) weekly basis to review key communications, activities, etc.
- Participate in weekly Franchisee conference calls.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Prior sales experience strongly preferred
- Prior group fitness training experience strongly preferred
- Experience in the MAX Culture strongly preferred
- Strong leadership skills. Prior experience leading a team is a plus.
- Strong motivational and coaching skills
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Computer – Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word); advanced internet skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong collaboration skills – ability to work well with both internal and external customers.
- Strong conflict management skills, engaging the owner / timely escalation when appropriate.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- CPR / AED certification is required
- Flexible schedule – must be willing to work different schedules during the weekdays and be available on an occasional Saturday for training classes and for all kickoff events.
- Customer First focus
- Adaptable, reliable and responsive
- Coachable – open to constructive feedback
- Team player
- Serve as a role model for our members, living a fitness lifestyle and following the key elements of our program.
- Attention to detail and follow through
- Someone who exercises good judgment and handles themselves in a professional manner
- A creative and innovative thinker